How to upload product to MakiPlace?
After you’ve set up your shop and read the submissions guidelines, you need to upload products. Here’s the page you need to navigate to in order to upload your first product.
Once you’re there, you’ll see a screen like this.
Once here, you need to fill out all the information. Please be as thorough as you can as we’ve found this really helps you in the long run.
Providing information upfront will really help to lower the number of support requests you receive from customers who need to know more about your product before purchasing. The following guide is some of our recommendations:
The name field should always be relevant, concise, and professional looking. The following
are examples of good and bad naming practices:
- “This is the File Name” – Capitalize the first letter in each word. Small words like “of” and “an” may be lowercase.
- “Template with CMS” – Capitalize acronyms and abbreviations like PDF and PSD.
- “WordPress Template” – Follow the industry standard even if it doesn’t follow the normal capitalization rules. For example, use jQuery and iOS instead of Jquery and Ios.
- “PLEASE DONT DO THIS” – Don’t use all CAPS.
- “this is also not good” – Don’t use all lowercase.
- “Amazingly beautiful File” or “The Best Template” – Do not use subjective words like amazing, beautiful, or best. These words describe your opinion rather than what the file actually is.
- “JohnDoe – File Name” – Don’t append your username or any other less-relevant information to the file name.
- “Apple-like Design” – Don’t describe what your item is similar to in its title, describe what it actually is.
A thoughtful description describing the product & how it supports the customer in their goals can go a long way. Be sure to include use cases for the product so that customers can relate and have context as to what your product does and how it will help them. Make it stand out!
Make sure to select an appropriate category for the product. Categorizing correctly ensures that people who are searching for a particular type of product, say a WordPress theme, can quickly find it when they’re searching with filters.
Depending on your category of choice, you may be required to add additional information such as current version, demo url, or compatibility versions.
Also include tags that are relevant for keyword searches as well. Examples of this might include photography, gallery, modern, jquery, wordpress theme & etc.
Images: High quality images. These will be one of the first things that customers will look at before deciding to buy. Type & dimensions of the feature images should be .jpg or .png size 1200x630px.
Main File: Save your main files into a .zip folder, including instructions on how to set up. Ensure the files are organised in a clear and orderly fashion.
Please include the price which you would like to sell this item for as well as any additional information that you’d like to reviewer to know.