How can I open a shop on MakiPlace?
So you’ve decided to set up a shop. Excellent. We know it’ll be one of the best decisions you’ve ever made when it comes to reaching more customers.
1. Head on over to the Shop Request page to learn more about why you’ll love selling your unique design content on the MakiPlace. Send us a shop request by clicking "Open a Shop".
If you're selling your products somewhere else right now, include the links in the first box. If not, that's okay! Just put "not selling anywhere right now".
Include an online portfolio in the second box. If you don't have an online portfolio yet, you can create free online portfolios on sites like Github or Behance. Please make sure the portfolio included is available online. We will cannot look at attachments or downloads. Also, avoid using link shorteners like bit.ly when sending links to your work.
Please provide 10-20 samples of your work. Examples should be related to the types of products that you intend to sell on MakiPlace.
We’re a team of real people, developers & designers, who evaluate each request. We like to see some of these qualities in the portfolio submitted:
- Excitement and wow factor: We have lots of great stuff already and your creations cause our jaws to drop wider.
- Uniqueness: You don’t play it safe, can better what’s already here, and your work stands by itself.
- Quality: Everything you make gets better and better. You’re aware it’s the tiny details, the small style choices and finishing touches that turn an okay design into something beautiful. Your visual elements are just as smooth as your technical skills.
- Solid portfolio: We'd like to see at least 10 to 20 examples of your work to evaluate you in a as fair a manner as possible. Seeing more from you here shows us the consistency and progress of your work.